Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lighting Up


Have you ever had the joy of a glow stick?
When you get them.. they're straight, stiff and perfect. They also don't do much... maybe you could use if for a back scratcher.
To make the glow stick fun ... it has to be flexible.
You have to bend it ... alot. Breaking the glass inside to release the chemicals that make it light up, means bending and shaking... loads of fun.
Now you can make all kinds of things with your glow stick... let your imagination fly.
I realized... schooling my kids is like that. I get them all straight and perfect ... but they don't have much to offer. Schooling takes bending, shaking and a little breaking... then they light up.
All kinds of possibilities for their future come clear to them. I see their imagination, creativity and understanding come to light.
Plus.. they're way more fun.
Let them glow!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jungle girl! I can see the glow somedays, then the lights go out. The encouragment I get from my friends gets me through those times. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely analogy!

    ReplyDelete