Monday, March 30, 2009

Be Still .. Quiet .. Think!


Zen, yoga, spas, meditation, prayer and bath salts. What do they all have in common? We live in high gear all the time. We have to work hard at slowing down, relaxing and taking time for ourselves. Even in our alone time, I notice, people always are plugged into something.


I admit, I can't work out without my Ipod. I like music, I watch TV and electricity is my friend, however, I also realize I don't take time to reflect and review life when my electric friends are with me.

I tell my children that they can't do their best work plugged into an Ipod. I can't either.

Remember when you were really young and you'd sit and day dream? Daydreaming is a lost art. Taking time to re-assess how we dealt with a situation, planning for the future and just old fashion day dreaming .. all lost.

I think we all need a tree to climb, a hammock to lay in or a tub to soak up all our worries and take the time to dream.

It's refreshing, builds creativity and helps us become more balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment