Sunday, March 8, 2009

Learning from the every day

Things I learned from a Chop Saw
I have this way of talking with God about life.. he talks to me through everyday work and mostly my kids. I'm often surprised how much I learn from just thinking about life as an item or an event. Here's what I learned from the chop saw and barnwood:

1. Always be aware of what your hands are doing
2. Often you have to sacrifice something good to get rid of the rotten bits.
3. When you cut the rotten bits out of your life, you end up with a pile of things you got to get rid of, there's always the question of how?
4. People often feel the need to stop, watch and comment when you're trying to rid yourself of rot.
5. People have various opinions about what is worth saving and what is just not worth the effort.
6. Saving money usually takes alot of work
7. Our bodies do best when we work them, and fall apart when we don't.
8. If you don't plug in, it doesn't work very well.
9. What a speck in your eye feels like.. and you'd never get to the point of a log...

1 comment:

  1. Good lessons. I have thought of the lessons learnt in my garden and have had great character talks with our kids on occasion.

    ReplyDelete